Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:03:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: Neeko Oni <neeko@...ckey.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: bitchx sources backdoored on distribution site

>From ftp.bitchx.org (msg in /pub):

              * * * * * *  A T T E N T I O N  * * * * * *

 Over the weekend of April 12th and 13th someone once again was releasing
 back doored code for BitchX on a false ftp site that was linked from the
 official BitchX Website.  We stress to everyone to please take notice of
 information that we post on http://faq.bitchx.org to help prevent these
 problems from causing you to download falsified source code for BitchX.

--

So it's entirely possible the source you downloaded was backdoored;  It
would have been nicer had you included the site you downloaded from.

.Neeko Oni

(Hey Bugtraq mod, wake up.)