Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 15:53:34 -0700
From: "Justin [GHA]" <fanderatm@...mail.com>
To: "Kim De Smaele" <kim.de.smaele@...dora.be>,
	<bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Cc: <debian-security@...ts.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Apache http server 2.0

I tried the following query and didn't experience anything odd.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=%22%2C.%2F%5C%5B%5D%2
F-%21%60%7E@...%24%25%5E%3D%2B%28%29-%7B%7D%3C%3E%3B%3A%7C%27%22

The hex here is the string ,./\[]-!`~@...^=+()-{}<>;:| '"
Any combination of these characters will result in only the header of the
google search,a dn the copyright to be displayed.

I also tried queries such as "&#0;&#1;&#2;&#3;&#4;"  This returned the same
results.  Although, a query of "&#48;" returned appropriate results, "&#47;"
returned nothing again.  It is speculated that all characters with an ASCII
value of 0-47, excluding 42, will return nothing.

Further research is need, however, this may only be a bug, rather than
something that is exploitable.

http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=%2C.%2F%5C%5B%5D-%21%60%7E@%23%24%25%5E
%3D%2B%28%29-%7B%7D%3C%3E%3B%3A%7C+%27%22&ei=UTF-8 also did not display
anything odd

-Justin
GHA - http://gha.bravepages.com