Date: 29 May 2003 22:17:10 -0000
From: JeiAr <jeiar@...ms.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: PAFileDB SQL Injection Vulnerability & Ratings Cheat Fix

I recently found out that someone I knew was running this vuln
application. After informing them it was vuln they were dissapointed at
the fact that they could no longer use the program as the author has not
supplied a fix. Anyway, here is a quick fix i threw together to take care
of the problem. Basically it eregs the input to only allow numbers, and
checks to make sure the number is no greater than 10 and no less than 1.
I also closed off the variable in the SQL query that was allowing the SQL
injection to be possible. Get the fix here

http://www.gulftech.org/vuln/pafiledbsqlfix.zip

This should solve any problems encountered until the vendor releases
an "official" fix or a new version of PaFileDB.

Cheers,

JeiAr