Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 09:40:22 +0200
From: "Berend-Jan Wever" <SkyLined@...p.tudelft.nl>
To: "D4rkGr3y" <grey_1999@...l.ru>, <bugtraq@...urity.nnov.ru>,
	<bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: Re: Tornado www-server v1.2: directory traversal, buffer overflow

I've done a quick debugging session: The overflow does not seem exploitable
other then a DoS.
What happens is that there is not enough heap to hold the long strings so it
writes past the heap to a location where no memory is allocated. This will
cause an unhandled exception.

Kind regards,

Berend-Jan Wever.