Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 20:43:00 +0200
From: "Mascot" <mascot@...cot.dyndns.org>
To: <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: Re: StarSiege: Tribes DoS

st0ic wrote:
> Overview:
>      Sierra's "StarSiege: Tribes" game is vulnerable to a DoS (Denial of
> Service) attack when running.

This game was released in 1998. The creators (Dynamix) have since dissolved.
When asked about open sourcing the game Sierra has replied "We don't have
any idea where it is. It was archived by Dynamix long before they were
closed and now it's probably in a box is some mega warehouse in france or
something. We could't release it even if we wanted to." Check the last post
on this page: http://tinyurl.com/gwhm (Tribalwar)

In other words, they don't have the source, they can't patch. Although if it
starts being exploited the community will likely patch it via scripting or
disassembly.

--
Mascot