Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:01:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jane Smith <incidents2000@...oo.com>
To: Przemyslaw Frasunek <venglin@...ebsd.lublin.pl>,
	bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: wu-ftpd fb_realpath() off-by-one bug

Hi,

I've got an AIX 5.2 server running wu-ftp 2.6.2.  I
found the "patch" for wu-ftp in the www.wu-ftpd.org
website.  I modified my source as they indicated for
the off-by-one vulnerability and the DOS vulnerability
they described.  I then re-compiled (./configure;
make; make install).  The problem is the new ftpd
binary does not work correctly.  When I use it, if I
type "ls -l" (or ls -<any flag>) I get an error: 550
Not enough space.
There's plenty of space in all file systems.  Any
advice on how to fix this problem or how to go about
troubleshooting it?

Vania
--- Przemyslaw Frasunek <venglin@...ebsd.lublin.pl>