Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 19:55:30 +0200
From: stealth <stealth@...fault.net>
To: Peter Busser <peter@...steddebian.org>
Subject: Re: Buffer overflow prevention

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 11:41:18AM +0200, Peter Busser wrote:

Hi,

> The only way to sleep quietly in fact is to feed your computer to a shredder.
Yes, indeed. But if you install PaX and all the other nice and really
usefull things out there I think you can sleep pretty well. I mean
all the bypassing for the really hard stuff (PaX, gr, SELinux)
is really theoretical from what I have seen. I really want to see
that guy (or girl? :) that exploits a GR'ed box remotely where the
target box runs single-service and well audited code. You do not
have to fear that person that gets into it, and you will probably never know
(s)he was there, so who cares?
Not speaking about user-shells, trojans on client-systems and social engenering
here.