Date: 21 Aug 2003 06:32:25 -0000
From: Lucky 225 <Lucky225@...0.COM>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: A Vonage VOIP 3-way call CID Spoofing Vulnerability

Sorry but simply calling a phone number and then 3-waying another number
does not spoof caller id as the first number you called, at least not in
my experience, I do know however that if you call one phone number, flash
over and hit #90+1+npa+number# it will send that person off to the number
you dialed(known as a call transfer) and the first number will show up as
caller ID to the person you transfered them to, but since they are
essentially the people calling the person you call transfered them too
what's the difference? my only bitch about that would be privacy concerns
like if you called someone w/ complete blocking on their line and then
courtesy call transfered them to another # and now that other # has their
phone number, it also gets annoying when miliwatt test numbers start
calling your house at odd hours of the night.  Another thing odd about
vonage is they only send your vonage number as caller ID and flex ANI, the
real time ANI seems to be a new york phone number in the 646 areacode, try
calling 800-444-4444 from a vonage fone to see this.