Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 19:17:41 +0100
From: "Lee Evans" <lee@...al.co.uk>
To: "'Bruno Clermont'" <bruno@...me.ca>, <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: Wave of fake Official Microsoft Advisory

Hi,

Following links provide further details:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.swen.a@mm.ht
ml

Regards
Lee
--
Lee Evans

set=cnt006
HTTP/1.0"
- query a POP3 account at ww2.fce.vutbr.cz
- retrieve stuff from a newsgroup and post a message
- modify mIRC configuration
- alter some Kaaza registry keys
- probably more stuff in all the encoded content

The mail really look like an official Microsoft communication with all
those legal reference to microsoft.com website. At the rate those mail
are coming many users had already been fooled, and infection had just
started.

Some of the original mails (with .exe attachment) are available in mbox
format at http://www.gnome.ca/ms.mbox.