Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 20:57:29 -0400 (EDT)
From: David Bernick <bernz@...ha.bernztech.org>
To: David Hane <dlhane@...global.net>
Cc: "A. C." <bugtraq_vuln@...oo.com>, full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com,
   bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Knox Arkeia 5.1.21 local/remote root exploit

> Have you tested this on other versions?

I'm a party pooper. i just told Arkeia about it and they gave me a
response from their CTO. He said that they were completely unaware that
there was any problem before, but they tested and confirmed it and they
were grateful for the information and they'll release a patch on Monday.
I'd send his reply in full, but it has one of those disclaimers on it. But
in general he was really nice about the whole thing.

here's his info:
Arnaud Spicht
aspicht@...eia.com
CTO