Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:53:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: Bipin Gautam <door_hUNT3R@...ckcodemail.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com
Cc: sgmasood@...oo.com, ysgnet@...ica.com, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Jamming communication [COM] ports in windows...

Well, i understand this is a long issue... but LOTS OF PRANKS COULD BE PLAYED IN A OS even by using a guest account [minimum privilage]

--- well, you know the policies of winxp for guest account is tight!
no guest account can open a port below 1024, no COM port can be opened etc...

but in this case, it fails.....

--- S G Masood <sgmasood@...oo.com> wrote:
Hi Bipin,

This is a long known issue. AFAIK, not only "edit
com*", but any operation involving device names as
file names will cause the same issue

Best Regards,

--
S.G.Masood.