Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:18:09 -0700
From: "Drew Copley" <dcopley@...e.com>
To: "'Brent Meshier'" <brent@...hier.com>,
	<bugtraq@...ts.securityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: AIM Password theft

It is a zero day bug, one of two found in IE this past two weeks. It was
publically disclosed. Apparently, someone is using it. Which is not a
surprise.

Jelmer's Bug:
http://lists.netsys.com/pipermail/full-disclosure/2003-September/010013.html

A fix for this issue:
http://lists.netsys.com/pipermail/full-disclosure/2003-September/010042.html

Or, you can turn off Activex and Javascript... But, most people will not do
that, and you might as well kill this component anyway.