Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:21:41 -0400
From: MightyE <trash@...htye.org>
To: Bennett Todd <bet@...ul.net>
Cc: Lawrence MacIntyre <lpz@...l.gov>, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: base64

This is a remarkably good and simple approach (thus I'm a bit abashed
that I didn't think of it), and permits liberal acceptance, with out
exposing the user to a targeted intentional malformation of base64
encoded data.  Accept all mis formed data, make a best guest as to what
it is (or follow RFC on how to handle this where applicable), check the
result, and pending acceptance, write it to the user's mail file, in its
newly interpreted form.

Eric Stevens
mightye a@t mightye d.o.t org