Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 19:56:09 +0200
From: Aviram Jenik <aviram@...ondsecurity.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Multiple SQL Injection Vulnerabilities in DeskPRO

Multiple SQL Injection Vulnerabilities in DeskPRO

Article reference:
http://www.securiteam.com/unixfocus/6R0052K8KM.html

SUMMARY

DeskPRO (http://www.deskpro.com) is "an integrated script to manage your
customer sales and support". The DeskPRO product uses a SQL engine (MySQL) to
store information.
The product contains multiple pages that do not adequately filter our user
provided data, allowing a remote attacker to insert malicious SQL statements
into existing ones.

DETAILS

Vulnerable systems:
  * DeskPRO version 1.1.0 and prior

Immune systems:
  * DeskPRO version 1.1.2

 Examples:
 http://vulsite.com/deskpro_v1/faq.php?cat=45'
 http://vulsite.com/deskpro_v1/faq.php?article=105'
 http://vulsite.com/deskpro_v1/view.php?ticketid=1'&ticket_pass=

The vulnerability is better emphasized by the fact that a remote attacker can
logon into the system with the administrator username without knowing the
password by entering the following information in the logon screen:

 Email: admin
 Password: 'or''='

 Vendor response:
On the 21st of Sep 2003 this issue was reported to DeskPRO, the following
reply was received on the same day:
"Thank you for the notification, we will have a fix within 24 hours. We
appreciate keeping the information out of the public domain until we have had
time to fix and release a patch."

 On the 2nd of Oct 2003 after the majority of their customers patched the
issue, we have decided to release this advisory.

The information has been provided by SecurITeam Experts
<expert@...uriteam.com>.

--
Aviram Jenik
Beyond Security Ltd.