Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 13:40:14 +0000
From: Pentest Security Advisories <alerts@...test.co.uk>
To: nosp <nosp@...es.com>
Cc: Jordan Wiens <jwiens@...sp.nerdc.ufl.edu>, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com,
   full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com
Subject: Re: Re: Serious flaws in bluetooth security lead to disclosure of personal data

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 04:05:36PM +0000, nosp wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 10:21, Pentest Security Advisories wrote:
> [...]
> > No, you didn't misread - The T610, whilst still vulnerable to some
> > attacks, does provide more protection
> > of OBEX profiles. In this respect, it's better than the other phones /
> > devices we've tested.
> >
> > On the particular T610 that was tested, we found that whilst it was
> > possible to upload files to the phone we could not download files from it.
>
> It is very possible (and easy) to download (very) sensitive files from a
> T610 as long as the MAC is known; no pairing necessary.  Firmware rev
> R3C002.  Files include calendar and phonebook.

I retested the T610 and got the following,

Service Name: Dial-up Networking
    Channel: 1
State: Closed.

Service Name: Voice gateway
    Channel: 3
State: Closed.

Service Name: Serial Port 1
    Channel: 4
State: Closed.

Service Name: Serial Port 2
    Channel: 5
State: Closed.

Service Name: OBEX Object Push
    Channel: 10
State: Open.
GET telecom/pb.vcf
Returns Unauthorised
GET telecom/cal.vcs
Returns Unauthorised
GET telecom/pb/0.vcf
Returns Unauthorised

Service Name: IrMC Synchronization
    Channel: 11
State: Closed.

Service Name: HF Voice gateway
    Channel: 6
State: Closed.

Service Name: OBEX Basic Imaging
    Channel: 15
State: Open.
GET telecom/pb.vcf
Returns Unauthorised
GET telecom/cal.vcs
Returns Unauthorised
GET telecom/pb/0.vcf
Returns Unauthorised

Service Name: OBEX File Transfer
    Channel: 7
State: Closed.

The firmware version is: R1L013

It appears that this firmware version is not vulnerable. A quick google
shows that it may be due to other problems in the firmware.

Tim.