Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:29:02 +0000
From: Coleman Kane <cokane@...ane.org>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: yet another panic() in OpenBSD

I think alot of people are missing the point of OpenBSD. They only focus
on removing security related (privilege escalation, and so forth) flaws
from their software. That's what ProPolice and W^X and all the other stuff
is about. It is a project lacking a lot of good developers who are instead
focused on Linux or Free/NetBSD. Many of it's contributions make it back up
into the trees of the more mainstream projects, OpenSSH/SSL, crypto devices,
pf, and more.

I really don't get the consistent OpenBSD bashing that goes on here. They do
a lot of good work, and if you keep noticing a lack of 'basic QA and unit
testing' and other flaws you should try to contribute. The reason they lack
many of these ameneties that other projects have is that they are a much
smaller organization.