Date: 25 Nov 2003 09:48:23 -0000
From: Liu Die Yu <liudieyuinchina@...oo.com.cn>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: New "Clean" IE Remote Compromise

[tested]
OS:Win2k3,CN version
IE: with MS03-048 installed.

OS:WinXp, CN version
Microsoft Internet Explorer v6.Sp1; up-to-date on 2003/11/16

[overview]
By combining several vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer, an attacker can execute his EXE file on victim's system.
("Clean" means: there is no old published vulnerability involved in this exploit)

[demo]
There is a harmless demo:
http://www.safecenter.net/UMBRELLAWEBV4/1stCleanRc/1stCleanRc-Demo/index.html
(runs harmless demonstration executable)

[technical details]
First, use MhtRedirParsesLocalFile to parse a local file in an IFRAME,
(Liu Die Yu's http://www.safecenter.net/UMBRELLAWEBV4/MhtRedirParsesLocalFile)
Then, use BackToFramedJpu to reach MYCOMPUTER zone.
(Liu Die Yu's http://www.safecenter.net/UMBRELLAWEBV4/BackToFramedJpu)
At last, in MYCOMPUTER security zone, use MhtRedirLaunchInetExe to download the payload EXE file and execute it.
(Liu Die Yu's http://www.safecenter.net/UMBRELLAWEBV4/MhtRedirLaunchInetExe)

[Workaround]
Disable Active Scripting in INTERNET zone.

[Greetings]
greetings to:
Drew Copley, dror, guninski and mkill.

-----
all mentioned resources can always be found at UMBRELLA.MX.TC

[people]
LiuDieyuinchina [N0-@...2m] yahoo.com.cn
UMBRELLA.MX.TC ==> How to contact "Liu Die Yu"

[message]
A wise man learns from other's mistakes; a fool learns from his own.

[Employment]
I would like to work professionally as a security researcher/bug finder.

See my resume at my site. I am very eager to work, flexible, and
extremely productive. I have a top notch resume, with credentials
from leading bug finders. I am willing to work per contract, relocate,
or telecommute.

[Give a Hand]
I haven't got a job as a security researcher yet and my family don't support my security work - so, I don't have a computer of my own. Please consider about donating at:
http://clik.to/donatepc