Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 16:09:08 +0300
From: 3APA3A <3APA3A@...URITY.NNOV.RU>
To: "Mr. P.Taylor" <petert@...gine-sw.com>
Cc: aleph1@...urityfocus.com, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Websense Blocked Sites XSS

Dear Mr. P.Taylor,

It  runs  error message in context of blocked site. Now lets try to find
out possible impacts:

1.  It's  possible  to  run  javascript  on  the user host in context of
blocked  site.  But  it's  most  likely  blocked  site is not in list of
trusted  web  sites  on user's host, so it's impossible to get something
different from running same script on another webpage.

2. It possible to steal cookie, submit some forms, etc, on blocked site.
But  site  is  blocked. So, it's impossible to steal something or submit
something to this site.

Conclusion: there is no security impact

Post  Conclusion: Guys, it's perfect you can find all these XSS/CSS bugs
in  John Doe's guest books, Read-Doc-from-CDRom servers, etc. But please
think  about  _security_  impact  before  submitting  this to _security_
related lists.

--
~/ZARAZA
Èáî ôàêòû åñòü ôàêòû, è èçëîæåíû îíè ëèøü äëÿ òîãî, ÷òîáû èõ ïîíÿëè è â íèõ ïîâåðèëè. (Òâåí)