Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 01:02:38 +0100
From: Jelmer <jkuperus@...net.nl>
To: Kevin Mitnick <kmitnick@...thi.com>, "'Adik'" <netninja@...mail.kg>,
   full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: [Exploit]: DameWare Mini Remote Control Server
 Overflow Exploit

If this is legit

from a /. interview :

--snip--
John Markoff had first libeled me in his book, Cyperpunk, which he
co-authored with his former wife, Katie Hafner. In and around 1990, Markoff
and Hafner contacted me to request my participation for a book about three
hackers, including myself. In considering their request, I asked about their
budget to compensate me for my time and/or life story rights. Both Markoff
and Hafner were unwilling to compensate me as a source, because it was
unethical. I explained that it was unethical for me to give them my story
for free. We were at an impasse
--snip--

from the site :

--snip--
If your story makes it into the book, you'll receive a free copy of my first
book, The Art of Deception, plus a rare Advanced Reader's Copy of the new
one with your story in it -- both signed by me with a personal inscription
to you in your real name or your handle or pseudonym.
--snip--

Thats definatly more ethical ;)