Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:10:15 -0500
From: Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu
To: Caylan Larson <caylan@...o.und.edu>
Cc: bugzilla@...hat.com, full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com,
   bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, redhat-watch-list@...hat.com
Subject: Re: Re: [RHSA-2004:003-01] Updated CVS packages fix minor security issue

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:22:01 CST, Caylan Larson said:
> Minor... let's not worry about it.  No one uses cvs anyways.

I'm sure that the guys at Sourceforge and Savannah are overjoyed to hear that
attitude.

So tell me - at what point are there enough users to worry?  100K? 10K?  I'm
sure there's over 10K machines running a CVS server - a *lot* of ISPs and
hosting companies use it to track config changes.

Now, for whatever value of N you chose - are you running *any* software that
has less than N users, but *you* would be worried if there was a vulnerability
found in it?