Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:49:15 -0500
From: "ken kousky" <kkousky@...inc.com>
To: "'Alun Jones'" <alun@...is.com>, <bugtraq@...urityfocus.org>
Subject: RE: What is the point here?

Alun,

Couldn't agree more. I'm a huge advocate of openness, I argue to many in
government agencies that obscurity damages security. I've written about the
Washington sniper case on the value that disclosures, even when against
policy, actually helped save lives. I'd suggest everybody look at the work
of the Federation of American Scientists www.fas.org and their secrecy
newsletter.

But with all that as background, showing off with better exploits isn't
helping the cause or our defense strategies.

Thanks for speaking up Alun and now we need to respond to your suggested
actions - can we collectively agree to more stringent guidelines for
postings here?

KWK