Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 19:00:24 +0100
From: Giuseppe <giusc@...s.it>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Eggrop bug

>Thankfully resync sharing is considered broken and most people do not
>use it. Indeed though, this is a bug and thank you for finding it.

that's not exactly true; yes, many people don't use resync, but..

char *share_start(Function *global_funcs)
{
   add_hook(HOOK_SHAREIN, (Function) sharein_mod);
   add_hook(HOOK_MINUTELY, (Function) check_expired_tbufs);
^^^^^^^^^
   add_hook(HOOK_READ_USERFILE, (Function) hook_read_userfile);
}

the function, however, is called minutely, so the bug exists also if resync
is disabled.
As in previous mail has been already said, check_expired_tbufs() first
check for timed out resync buffers, then, "accomplish to handle userfile
requests in limbo (that haven't received yet any response from tandem bot)".

>Where did you notify eggheads? I seem to be blind while looking for it.

We've notified you at bugs@...heads.org; in a private e-mail i''ve sent to
you the response we received.

With respect,
giuseppe