Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:36:07 +0100
From: "Rainer Gerhards" <rgerhards@...adiscon.com>
To: "Tina Bird" <tbird@...cision-guesswork.com>,
	"Marc Maiffret" <mmaiffret@...e.com>
Cc: "Joe Blatz" <sd_wireless@...oo.com>, <BUGTRAQ@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: EEYE: Microsoft ASN.1 Library Length Overflow Heap Corruption

I think Microsoft is using wording to keep the typical end user in a
warm and cozy state. Technically, except for AD services, each client
has a full server implementation and as such should be vulnerable. I
assume that many of those DSL-connected, non-firewalled home machines
are easy targets.

And that the server is more likely to be attacked is just an assumption
- in the days of class A vuln sweeps and random worm scans, I don't
think that servers are at most risk. In fact, I think the unprotected
home machines are...

Rainer