Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 00:33:40 +0000 (UTC)
From: David Arranz <keyser@....lonestar.org>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Nokia 3410 cell phones software flaw

Product:	Nokia 3410 cell phones
Version:	Cell phone: Nokia 3410
		Software: 40.26
Bug:		Software flaw in calls recognizing
Impact:		Phone can report a wrong name from the
		'phone book' when receiving a call.
Date:		march 03, 2004
Author:		David Arranz Oveja
		Email: i1655087 (at) petra (dot) euitio (dot) uniovi (dot)es
		keyser (at) sdf (dot) lonestar (dot) org

The cell phone Nokia 3410 have a phone book. In Spain the mobile telephone
numbers have 9 digits and begin with '6'. E.g: 6?? ??? ??? When you save a
number in the phone book you introduce a name for the contact entry and
his number.

BUG:

If the phone receive a call from a unknown terminal whose number looks
like another that you've saved in the phone book in the nokia, with the
only difference in the second digit from left to right, the phone will
display the name of the other number. E.g: we've saved
David: 64A BCD EFG  (letters are digits)
and we receive a call from 6?A BCD EFG , and the '?' is any digit
different of '4' the phone will display: "David".

I don't know if this 'work' with phone numbers of less or more digits.

--
David Arranz
keyser@....lonestar.org