Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 00:02:10 +0900
From: nesumin@...thome.net
To: john layman <john@...erteq.net>, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: ws_ftp overflow

Hello, john,

It seems vendor has tried to prevent this stack-based buffer overflow in
version 8.0.3.0 by limiting our data's size less than 0x0200 bytes.
But the size of buffer which they have allocated to treat our data was
0x0100 bytes only.
As far as I have tested on WS_FTP Pro 8.0.3.0 Evaluation Version,
I could execute the code by exploiting this vulnerability.

Therefore it appears that this vulnerability has not been solved yet
though I don't know whether "Non Evaluation Version" is vulnerable
or not.

By the way, I had reported the same vulnerability of "WS_FTP Pro 7.6.2.0"
and prior versions to Ipswitch in 2003/05/08 although I could not get a
good response.

Regards,
nesumin