Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:50:22 +0000
From: "C Ryll" <carolynryll@...mail.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: RE: MS Word - password protection vulnerabilty

So, if I patch, then I cannot bypass the password mechanisms. But if I do
not patch, then I still can... Or does a patched application allow for the
creation of a document in which the security controls cannot be bypassed
using an unpatched MS Word? Can a document from an unpatched application
still be bypassed in a patched MS Word?

It would be interesting to know the depth of patching in this situation.

Kind regards,
Carolyn