Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 16:39:11 -0400
From: "Humes, David  G." <David.Humes@...apl.edu>
To: "'jason@...bev.com'" <jason@...bev.com>
Cc: "'bugtraq@...urityfocus.com'" <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: LinkSys WRT54G administration page availble to WAN

I have a WRT54G at home.  After seeing all the discussion here about the
remote administration vulnerability I tried to access the web interface
today on ports 80 and 443 from outside of my home network and was not able
to get to the web interface either.

But, having said that, I'm still fairly disappointed with this product.
Linksys used to incorporate SNMP support that made it possible to use
Linklogger, a very inexpensive and capable firewall logger.  But, it appears
that SNMP and syslog support are gone.  I contacted tech support about this
and they agreed that the WRT54G has no support for external event logging.
Too bad.

--Dave