Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 21:44:42 +1000
From: tinysofa Security Team <security@...ysofa.org>
To: tinysofa-announce@...ysofa.org
Cc: tinysofa-discuss@...ysofa.org, tinysofa-announce@...ysofa.org,
	bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: TSSA-2004-009 - kerberos5

                                             _
                         |_ .  _      _  _  (_  _
                         |_ | | ) \/ _) (_) |  (_|
                                  /

                       Security  Advisory  #2004-009

 Package names:     kerberos5
 Date:              2004-06-02
 Affected versions: tinysofa enterprise server 1.0
                    tinysofa enterprise server 1.0-U1

 Security Fixes
 ==============

 Description

  kerberos5:
  * The krb5_aname_to_localname() library function contains multiple
    buffer overflows which could be exploited to gain unauthorized root
    access.  Exploitation of these flaws requires an unusual combination
    of factors, including successful authentication to a vulnerable
    service and a non-default configuration on the target service. This
    flaw effects all releases of MIT Kerberos 5 [0], up to and including
    krb5-1.3.3.

    This problem has been assigned the id MITKRB5-SA-2004-001 [1].