Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:45:39 -0700
From: "Drew Copley" <dcopley@...e.com>
To: "Thor Larholm" <thor@...x.com>, <full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com>,
   <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Cc: <ntbugtraq@...tserv.ntbugtraq.com>
Subject: RE: COELACANTH: Phreak Phishing Expedition]

<snip>

I use no host header and munged ones all the time, using custom
clients and servers for testing. No one has a problem with this,
not Apache, nor IIS, anyway. (I won't get on the subject of RFC
compliancy except to say it is something quite often ignored...)

I believe the bitlance solution this morning is correct. It is a magic
dns
issue. "whatevercraphere.com.yourmagicdnssite.com" being allowed
is the problem.

Very amusing situation in an academic kind of way...