Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:01:22 -0700
From: Steve Ryan <sirsteve@...ernetcds.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Cc: fedhead <fedhead@...ers.com>
Subject: Re: Unusual Activity in Ad-aware 6 Personal, Build 6.181

Hi,

Well, this is odd.  I did not find any of those files you mentioned.  I
didn't find a cache folder either.  I updated Ad-Aware with the latest
definitions and then initiated a scan.  It created a 'cache' folder
where you mentioned, although I didn't open it.  I let it finish the
scan and then the 'cache' folder disappeared.  I cleaned the 30 or so
'tracking cookies' it found and it created a cache folder again.  I was
going to open it, but then I closed out Ad-Aware not even thinking and
the cache folder disappeared.

Then I opened Ad-aware, ran a scan.. it immediately created a 'cache'
folder but upon inspection, it's empty.  I checked it multiple times
during the Ad-aware scan, and it stayed empty.  This time upon
completion, before I could close Ad-aware, the 'cache' folder disappared.

Nothing unusual that I could find anyway.

Windows XP + SP1a + All critical/XP updates..

HTH.