Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:09:11 +0200 (MEST)
From: "Joe Fubar" <fubar1@....net>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Cc: diehl@....inpe.br
Subject: Re: Virus scan attack

Please check McAfees site if you are running an outdated engine,

The 4.1.60 Engine is Out of Date and No Longer Supported
The notice below addresses two separate issues tracked and brought to
resolution by McAfee AVERT and Support as they pertain to the 4.1.60 and
4.3.20 Engines
Scenario 1
The 4.1.60 Engine was officially EOL (End of Life) at the end of August 2003
and is no longer supported. With the release of the 4367 DATs, on Wednesday
June 16, 2004, customers began to notify AVERT and Network Associates
Support of machines failing to initialize after installing or updating to
the 4367/4.1.60 configuration. The two components are not compatible and the
4.1.60 engine needs to be removed and an update needs to take place to the
4.3.20 engine.

This has been documented and you can get more information by reading our
Primus Articles listed below.

NAI37284 – NNT45 HFR Error Messages
NAI37282 – Command Line Scanner Error Messages
NAI37288 – VSC451SP1 Error Messages
NAI37289 – VTC 6.1 Error Messages
NAI37294 – GSE 5.0/5.2 Error Messages