Date: 13 Jul 2004 16:56:14 -0000
From: Philliph <bugtraq@...edit.sk>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Two Vulnerabilities in Mozilla may lead to remote compromise

Re: Vulnerability No. 1: Mozilla stores cache data in directory with random name, so it definitely isnīt vulnerable

(the directory is %appdata%\Mozilla\Profiles\_name_of_profile_\_random_name_\Cache )

Re: Vulnerability No. 2:
Both Mozilla and Firefox are vulnerable. Tested versions: 1.7.1 (Mozilla), 0.9 (Firefox) running on Windows 2000/XP.

BTW, the file can be without any extension, but also with arbitrary extension, so for example file:///C:/blah.txt%.mp3 also works.

Phil