Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 12:30:55 -0700
From: "Drew Copley" <dcopley@...e.com>
To: "Ferruh Mavituna" <ferruh@...ituna.com>,
	"L33tPrincess" <l33tprincess@...oo.com>, <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>,
	<full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com>
Subject: RE: [Full-Disclosure] Re: IE Shell URI Download and Execute, POC

I can not. Wscript was deactivated with Guninski's WSH bug
a long time ago. I just tested running wscript in the My
Computer zone. It prompts as an unsafe activex.

However, Microsoft needs to get on the ball here and secure
that zone or make it trivial for their customers to do so. (Kudos
for their link on their security page, but that kind of
thing is targetted to IT professionals -- not to the masses...
and they can figure that out by themselves already.)

I also noticed the shell: path url does work as a source in
an iframe.