Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:38:26 +0200
From: Nicolas Gregoire <ngregoire@...probe.com>
To: "T.H. Haymore" <bonk@...chat.chatsystems.com>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: JS/Zerolin

Le jeu 12/08/2004 à 17:37, T.H. Haymore a écrit :

> There are incoming reports of a JS/Zerolin (java script virus).  Anyone
> else seeing this ?  (I have no further information yet).

Hi,

I've seen theses emails since last Friday, and my gateway has since
received around 200 of them. KAV and ClamAV detect them as
"TrojanDropper.VBS.Zerolin"

It appears that a small Jscript.Encoded code is hidden at the botton of
a false (true ?) spam. After several redirections, un ss.exe file is
downloaded. This file is detected as following :

KAV : Trojan.Win32.Genme.c
Trend : not detected
ClamAV : Trojan.Xebiz.A
F-Prot : W32/Xebiz.A
NAI : not detected

>From the Symantec website :

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.xebiz.html
A large scale spamming of messages contained a link to a Web page
hosting the backdoor. Following the link downloads the file Links.HTA,
which in turn downloads and executes the Trojan as ss.exe

Regards,
--
Nicolas Gregoire ----- Consultant en Sécurité des Systèmes d'Information
ngregoire@...probe.com ------[ ExaProbe ]------ http://www.exaprobe.com/