Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 16:35:13 +0200
From: Karsten Heidrich <karsten@...drich-da.de>
To: Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@....ca>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re[2]: New whitepaper "The Phishing Guide"

All,

it is true that many problems in the Phishing area would be eliminated
by using e.g. S/MIME or other trusted signature mechanisms.

That is only provided customers and the casual internet user know how
to work with it. I strongly doubt that much will change for at least
the next 5 to 7 years. The knowledge of the users has to change; and
that - unfortunately - is a slow and winding path.

Just imagine your grandmother trying to verify S/MIME or PGP. Have
fun.

--
Regards
 Karsten

Download attachment "smime.p7s" of type "application/pkcs7-signature" (1296 bytes)