Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 07:32:09 +0200 (CEST)
From: Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij@...derkooij.org>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: RE: Diebold Global Election Management System (GEMS) Backdoor Acc
 ount    Allows Authenticated Users to Modify Votes

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, David Brodbeck wrote:

> [...]

Any country where the average attention span is only 15 seconds is not fit
to be a democracy. So who cares wether or not elections are fake or
staged for them?

But beyond that sad observation I think we can discuss this issue here
untill untill the end of times but it will have very little impact.

If you care about it go about and find where the decision makers are and
point it out to them in a way they understand. If a device can be made to
work in their favor it may just as well be used to remove them if the
minds of those who control it are changing opinions. (Provided that is the
case.)

I guess we should return to the more technical stuff here and let the
political debate be held on more public places.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij@...derkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.