Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 00:02:46 -0400
From: "Matthew Oyer" <root@...ffomatic64.com>
To: <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: XXS in SCT email client

Vendor : SCT
Version: Campus Pipeline
Risk : Cross site scripting

at over 175 institutions. It improves efficiency, builds community, and
provides freedom of choice by integrating disparate systems and
applications into a unified whole. SCT Campus Pipeline provides an
institution's constituents - students, faculty, administration, and
alumni - with centralized Web access to information, services, and
communities.

Cross site scripting: when passing a url to the script
/cp/render.UserLayoutRootNode.uP?uP_tparam=utf&utf=????? You can easily
highjack a users session

Solution: only allow onsite urls. or make specific exceptions for those
that arnt

Credits: Credits goto my loving fiance, you push me todo things i never
thought possible.

Exploit: This is exploited by passing a foreign url to the utf variable
in the
http://one.drexel.edu/cp/render.UserLayoutRootNode.uP?uP_tparam=utf
<http://one.drexel.edu/cp/render.UserLayoutRootNode.uP?uP_tparam=utf&utf
> &utf= script.