Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 06:54:39 -0500
From: SysAdminKC <SysAdminKC@...il.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: New Remote Microsoft JPEG DoS Vulnerability + Other Potential Security Vulnerabilitys in asycpict.dll 1.0 Advisory

On 14 Oct 2004 09:29:02 -0000, John Bissell <monkey321_1@...mail.com> wrote:
> Platforms Affected:
>
> ===================
>
> - WinXP (all service packs)
>
> - Possibly all other verions of Windows OS
>
>   after Win 3.1 since this is a really old dll

In the 'limited' amount of time I spent researching this it appears
that this DLL is not part of the MS Windows OS.  It appears to be part
of MS IE 3.01 for Windows 95 as well as MS Front Page 97 & 98, but
there are probably other apps that load it as well.

--Kendall
"Facts are stupid things." -- Ronald Reagan