Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:09:08 -0500
From: bkfsec <bkfsec@....lonestar.org>
To: "Jay D. Dyson" <jdyson@...achery.net>
Cc: Bugtraq <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: Re: Evidence Mounts that the Vote Was Hacked

Jay D. Dyson wrote:

>On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Atom 'Smasher' wrote:
>

>>Evidence Mounts that the Vote Was Hacked
>>

>	Read the whole thing and didn't see any evidence.  Just wild
>speculation and baseless conjecture.  Hell, there were countless counties
>across the nation in which more people were registered to vote than were
>eligible residents, but -- for some reason -- that ain't news.
>
>	Why was this politically-motivated nonsense approved for Bugtraq?
>The Democrats lost.  Get over it already.

If you follow the links in the story there are plenty of anomolies that
would be statistically impossible if there wasn't rigging.  The Florida
numbers indicate rigging because you can directly correlate pattern
differences between the expected vote and the actual counted vote in
each county.  The variable used to correlate this is the type of voting
machine.

Since the counties are distributed throughout Florida, there is no other
explanation for the numbers coming out the way that they did.  The
implication, of course, is that someone cracked into the Op-Scan central
tabulator and modified the numbers.

This isn't reaching, it's what's actually there.  Feel free to check the
numbers yourself.

The point is that there are questions tied to this.  Election legitimacy
is important - at least to progressives it is.  Why is that so hard for
you to understand?

Election legitimacy is a non-partisan issue.  Unless you want to argue
otherwise, you have no point to make.

             -Barry

p.s.  I find it interesting that you attack others for being partisan
when you're so clearly partisan you'd have to be blind not to see it.