Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 21:19:47 +0100
From: Rafael San Miguel Carrasco <smcsoc@...oo.es>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Multiple Vulnerabilities in paFileDB 3.1

I don't think this issue can be considered a vulnerability in paFileDB.
It's rather about Apache indexing the content of a web directory.
This is a misconfiguration issue in your httpd.conf.
Note that paFileDB is doing things right: it builds secure filenames
(since they cannot be guessed by trial-error in a reasonable amount of
time).

Hope this helps,

Rafael San Miguel Carrasco

 >Scenario :
 >
 >* admin (dudul) log in to manage the site at
 >http://URL/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=admin ,then the session is
recorded in
 >sessions directory
 >
 >+ attacker access the directory directly and see the "sessions" (in a
same time)

 >Exploit: http://URL/pafiledb/sessions/[sessionfile]

Rafael San Miguel Carrasco
Consultor Técnico
rafael.sanmiguel@....es
+ 34 660 856 647
+ 34 902 464 546
Davinci Consulting - www.dvc.es
Oficina Madrid - Parque empresarial Alvento
Via de los Poblados 1 Edificio A 6ª planta
28033 Madrid