Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:52:53 +1300
From: Nick Johnson <arachnid@...dot.net>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: WebWorm using PHPBB vulnerability in the wild!

This is something that I've wondered about for a while: Given the issues
with it, why do the authors of nearly every webapp persist in putting
the full version number at the bottom of each page? This, coupled with
search engines indexing the pages provides a nice easy directory of
sites to hack, or in this case, to exploit with a worm.

Has there been an advisory to this effect?

-Nick Johnson