Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 15:56:28 -0500
From: Cory Foy <Cory.Foy@...ilehwy.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Paper: SQL Injection Attacks by Example

Scovetta, Michael V wrote:
> At least in MSSQL, you'd have to do something bad like use sp_executesql
> or some other function that will re-form a complete sql query and pass
> that to the interpreter. As long as you do more sensible stuff like:
>
> 	insert into table (name, age) values (@b, @a)
>
> you should be fine.

Except that I've seen webbie-type people who will execute a stored proc
by doing:

strSQL = "exec userLogin " + userName + " " + userPassword

which would be still be subject to a SQL Injection attack if I simply
had a semicolon in the userPassword and then was able to pass any other
query to it.

Cory