Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 10:41:45 +0100
From: MurDoK <murdok.lnx@...il.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, bugs@...uritytracker.com, news@...uriteam.com,
        full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com, vuln@...unia.com
Subject: Thomson TCW690 POST Password Validation
	Vulnerability

I found a vulnerability in this cablemodem which a malicious user inside *LAN
can get the control of the cablemodem easily.
This cablemodem model is given by the spanish ISP "AUNA".

Details
=======

Product: Thomson TCW690 cablemodem
Affected Version: ST42.03.0a (not tested in minor versions)
Immune Version: ???
Security-Risk: high
Exploit: yes
Product-URL:
http://www.thomson.net/EN/Home/MiniSites/BAP/Cable/ModelDetail.html?category=cab%20modem%20Eurodocsis&model=TCW690
Vendor-URL: http://www.thomson.net/
Vendor-Status: informed but no response

Description
===========

The http server inside this cablemodem doesn't properly validate the supplied
password when an user want to do some change in the configuration and sends a
POST request. In the exploit I show how to change the admin password but you
can also open ports, deny a user access, restore factory defaults, (all)...
with a little changes.

Exploit
=======

Attached.

Fix
===

No response from vendor. There isn't fix available.

Vendor Status
2005.02.06 - Bug found.
2005.02.07 - Informed the vendor broadband@...mson.net, no response.
2005.02.11 - Informed the vendor webmaster@...mson.net no response too.
2005.02.19 - Public disclosure.

View attachment "mdk_tcw690.c" of type "text/x-csrc" (2648 bytes)