Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:02:44 -0500
From: David Nichols <dnichols@...i.com>
To: Jay Calvert <jcalvert@...aneronetworks.com>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Phishing hole found in IE and OE

Jay Calvert wrote:

>Below is an example of the flaw, and if you are using Internet Explorer to view this page, then in the status bar, you will see eBay.com, however if you are using Firefox, then you will see spreadfirefox.com. If you click on the link in Internet Explorer you will be directed to spreadfirefox.com, however in Firefox, you will go to eBay.com.
>
>If you did use Internet Explorer to open the link, then maybe you should read about Firefox here, and consider switching. Mozilla also has a beautiful product to replace Outlook Express too.

Not trying to defend M$, (I'm sending this from Mozilla Thunderbird
after all), but isn't this also indicative of a problem with Firefox?
You are going somewhere other than where the status bar is telling you.

David Nichols

--
"The problem is that, when we begin to realize the potential goodness in ourselves, we often take our discovery much too seriously.  We might kill for goodness or die for goodness; we want it so badly. What is lacking is a sense of humor. Humor here does not mean telling jokes or being comical or criticizing others and laughing at them. A genuine sense of humor is having a light touch: not beating reality into the ground but appreciating reality with a light touch.  The basis of Shambhala vision is rediscovering that perfect and real sense of humor, that light touch of appreciation."
Shambhala - The Sacred Path of the Warrior