Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:51:12 -0600
From: Ben Vaisvil <benv@...igntoscano.com>
To: jasonc@...ence.org
Cc: sberinato@....com, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk,
	isn@....org, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: [ISN] How To Save The Internet

The truth is most people are not "skilled" enough to operate their PC's at a level that
isn't "dangerous" to the rest of the network/internet. Nor should they have to be. With
better operating system and software design we can mitigate those risks, but never
eliminate them. There is no one simple solution to a security problem - it always a
process. The problem often lies that the default configuration for software and OS's are
inherently insecure, allowing problems to propagate. No normal computer user should be
expected to become a system administrator for their computer. Design is what has let us
down - the fact I have be active to protect my computer is the problem.

Ben