Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:24:50 -0500 (EST)
From: Paul Laudanski <zx@...tlecops.com>
To: Elliott Bäck <ecb29@...nell.edu>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com,
	news@...uriteam.com
Subject: Re: [lists] Which anti-spyware cleaner is the
	best?

Hi Elliot, the survey is very much querying the community to gather
individual thoughts on which product is "best".  I am sure for folks the
choice can be driven subjectively or objectively.

As to answer some of your questions, here are some comparison and testing
links that I know of:

Anti-Spyware Programs, a Feature Comparison:
http://spywarewarrior.com/asw-features.htm

Anti-Spyware Testing:
http://spywarewarrior.com/asw-test-guide.htm

Of course in the poll itself is a comment that contains the PCWorld link:

Spyware Stoppers
http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,119572,00.asp

This article has its page 2 titled:

"CounterSpy and Spy Sweeper Lead the Field (chart) "

Larry Seltzer has just written an article on "Big Security Guns Should Aim
Carefully at Adware, Spyware":

Giant's/Microsoft's AntiSpyware does extremely well in tests.

We ran a similar survey in 2004 on anti-virus products:

http://castlecops.com/modules.php?name=Surveys&op=results&pollID=24

Nearly 20,000 voters and the top pick at the time was Symantec (NAV).
Objective and personal preference aside, 40% is a pretty interesting
figure.

--
Sincerely,

Paul Laudanski .. Computer Cops, LLC.