Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 14:56:17 -0500
From: "McAllister, Andrew" <McAllisterA@...ystem.edu>
To: "bugtraq" <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Cc: "sh0rtie" <this.is@...il.com>
Subject: RE: PayPal "security" measures

I tried posting a follow-up to this topic, but it was moderated out of
existence.

Looking back at my paypal phishing e-mail again and all the other
possibilities... I think the actual reason for the non-exploit phishing
spam is that that idiot spammers forgot to include the exploit.

What is more likely: phishers launching a coordinated spamming and
global DNS poisoning attack or phishers who forgot to include exploit
code in their e-mail?

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by
stupidity. -Hanlon's Razor

Andy

snip